Category Archives: Community

Kenny Slaught Totes Santa Barbara’s Commitment To Community

Kenny Slaught calls the Santa Barbara community’s widespread commitment to a major pillar in its success. The county’s civic leaders, business professionals, and residents have upheld the city’s deep tradition of nonprofit activity and generous giving, with numerous charities, volunteer organizations and community initiatives, and carrying on the tradition that dates back to 1928 with… Continue Reading

Kenny Slaught Notes California’s Natural Charm

The city’s natural charm was intentional and back in 1925, city planners enacted development controls to prevent demotion of Spanish Colonial architecture. The region was the first in the nation to proactively think about the importance of historic structures. Controls came in to place and guidelines were designed to keep unique structures and parks. In… Continue Reading

Kenny Slaught On Historical Events that Influenced Santa Barbara’s Spectacular Architecture

The Spanish Colonial Revival architecture was the United States architectural movement developed in the early 20th century. The movement took the Spanish Colonial architecture for designing some cities that were first Spanish colonies and then they became American cities. A major portion of this architectural style can be found in California. After an earthquake that… Continue Reading

Kenny Slaught Supports I Have A Friend Program

Kenny Slaught Supports I Have A Friend Program

Children who have been through loss can feel paralyzed and overwhelmed. Many children in this situation may act out and teens may engage in risky behaviors, such as alcohol, drugs, or self-mutilation. Kenny Slaught notes that the I Have a Friend program gives them an alternative outlet, giving them the ability to overcome their grief… Continue Reading